Thursday, December 30, 2010

Formspring Question - Hello sir! I just want to ask, what violin should a beginner buy? I want to learn violin and i would like to buy one. What brand should I buy? The cheapest one sir. :)

Hey There! This is definitely one of the more popular questions I get from beginners as everyone needs a violin to start playing right!

My suggestion is don't buy an instrument off of craigslist. You might find something nice 1/10 times, but do you really want to take that risk? Most of the time what you find on there sounds literally like a tin can. You can get decent instruments on Amazon, and I actually purchase violins on there from a few different vendors.

Cecilio Violins are great, and these are really good for beginners just starting out. A good beginner outfit is the Cecilio CVN-500, which costs anywhere from $175-$350.

Once you have played for a while though, you will want an upgrade to this. It isn't long before you will be able to tell the difference between the quality of different violins. But the Cecilio is a great place to start if you don't want to spend too much.

Hope this helps!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment