Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hi sir, when should one start playing scales using the Carl fischer book? I am an adult beginner violin player and my teacher wants me to do scales but they are so frightfully difficult!

The Carl Fischer book is one of the most advanced scale books that I have played in or know about. This is a book designed for a professional violinist or someone training to become professional. It is definitely not designed for an adult beginner!

I would recommend something a lot easier. Depending on your skill level, you might want to start playing scales in 2 octaves and then go into 3 octaves once you have all of them mastered. There are many books out there that specialize in both.

The book you are working through is way too hard!

Hope this helps,

MIchael Sanchez

Ask me anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment