Monday, January 10, 2011

My daughter would like to learn the violin. I'm not sure if she will love it enough to practice everyday. Is there a way to rent a violin to try it out for a month or so? Thanks in advance for any advice you have.

This is a great question. Let me tell you what I offer in my studio, that you may find a private teacher doing in your area or maybe string instrument shop.

Many parents are stuck in the boat of wondering if their kids are going to like the violin, and don't want to invest a bunch of money into it if they aren't certain their kids are going to like it.

Personally, I provide a rental program, where the parents can pay monthly for a violin, and can return it at anytime. This is convenient for them because it eliminates the risk of them purchasing an instrument that might end up sitting in their closet down the road.

Obviously we all hope that our children develop a liking for the violin or any musical instrument, but sometimes it is better to rent first to make sure the interest is there.

Hope this helps!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment