Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What made you want to pursue a career teaching others the violin? Is this the path that you always planned on taking growing up? If not, when did you decide it was something you wanted to do? (Three questions in one, I know!)

Thank you Leslie for asking such a wonderful question!

The biggest thing I have loved about teaching the violin is that I have been able to watch people grow and enjoy the hobby of playing the violin. I love when people get very involved with it, it makes me feel that I have made a positive difference in their life.

As far as for the little kids, I love being able to be a positive influence, and be a role model in their lives. I feel sometimes like I am an extended arm of the parent, that is there to help them grow in music.

I went to school for business and music, but never thought I would be putting them together to do it as a career. Teaching violin has always been considered to me as a hobby growing up and not a career. I am so happy that there is enough interest out there to now make it a career!

After all of the growth with students in the past year, I am officially hooked to teaching violin. With students locally, and online, I feel like I will be teaching them all violin (and fiddle of course) for a very long time. And I can imagine that growth of students over that long time period will make me love what I do even more!

Ask me anything

No comments:

Post a Comment